An application to change an assessment can be made in particular circumstances for the following reasons:

  • High cost of contact
  • Special needs of the child
  • Agreed education cost (eg private school fees)
  • Income of property provided for the child
  • High child are costs
  • Special self-support expenses
  • Income, earning capacity, or property of either parent is not accurately reflected in the assessment
  • Legal duty to support another person
  • Responsibility to maintain other resident children ( eg step children)

A change to the assessment for a period more than 18 months in the past can only be made with the permission of a court

For advice and assistance with Change of Assessment application and response to these applications ring Child Support Consulting (1300 584 006)