Problems can arise if the income figures or care percentages that are used in the assessment are not accurate.


Changes in care arrangements should be notified to CSA as soon as possible. If you receive child support and family assistance payments, either CSA or Centrelink can work out the care percentages that will be used.

Ring Child Support Consulting (1300 584 006) if you disagree with a CSA or Centrelink decision.


If the income used in the assessment is not correct, it can be changed by

  • Lodging an Estimate of income, or
  • Applying for a Change of Assessment in Special Circumstances

Ring Child Support Consulting (1300 584 006) for advice about which remedy would best suit your circumstances.